The Creative Side Fashion and Design Incubator will offer a program and curriculum of fashion, design and business classes to novices, emerging and experienced designers to create, maintain and expand their fashion and design lines and products in New York City and Lagos, Nigeria. It will also offer training to designers, tailors and seamstresses.
With a focus on Made in the USA and Made in Nigeria, the incubator also provides design, production, retail and showroom spaces for independent designers to showcase their collections to merchants, ranging from local boutiques to national retailers.
The program includes a curriculum taught by design experts from the US and the Lagos fashion, design and business communities from branding, product design, sewing, pattern making and grading, business planning, brand marketing and image creation to line costing and involves some design critiques with apparel buyers and department managers.
The incubator has five unique program options:
- Design Workshops
- Fashion and Design Kids
- Fashion and Design Seniors
- Designer Residency
New York: More details soon
The Creative Side Showroom is a multi-brand showroom in New-York City. As a multi-collection fashion showroom representing outstanding African, Caribbean and African American designers, we carry a mid-end and high-end designer mix targets the luxury market and a diverse yet harmonious array of product groups including clothing, swimwear, men’s wear, footwear, accessories, and jewelry. Our committed, knowledgeable staff services all aspects of sales and in-house public relations. We are dedicated to launching and establishing up-coming designers in both the International and North American markets who meet our exacting standards.
The Creative Side Incubator runs a design residency program for independent and emerging designers seeking design, production, retail and showroom spaces to develop and expand their collections for sale and distribute to merchants, ranging from local boutiques to national retailers.
The residency program will recruit its first class of designers in 2015. An application will be available in 2014.
The Creative Side Fashion Incubator has three memberships available to independent designers:
- Basic Membership
- Intermediate Membership
- Unlimited Membership
- $100 a month allows the use of desk space for 3 hours a week, use of conference room for 1 hour a week and the use of the location’s mailing address.
- $300 a month allows the use of desk space for 15 hours a week (3 hours a day), use of conference room for 3 hours a week and the use of the location’s mailing address.
- $500 a month allows the unlimited use of desk space unlimited, use of conference room for 10 hours a week, the use of the location’s mailing address and the ability to take one (1) free class every quarter.
- Ecco Domani: http://www.eccodomani.com/fashion-foundation/award/index.asp
- Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/categories/fashion
- FastInvest: http://www.fashinvest.com/
- By.CO: www.byco.com/
- NYEDC: http://www.nycedc.com/industry/fashion
- Balboa Capital: http://www.balboacapital.com/ppc/retail-equipment/?utm_adgroup=Google-Retail-Broad&kw=apparel+financing&gclid=CNPT66DOlLoCFYuk4AodKlYAoA
- 9 Funders: http://www.fashionarium.com/post/27253326548/9-key-investors-who-take-chance-to-fashion-labels
- Luevo: http://www.luevo.com/how-it-works/
- Startup.co: http://www.startups.co/funding
- Accion: http://us.accion.org/quiz-usa?state=USA
- Kiva: https://zip.kiva.org/borrow
- Fundable: https://zip.kiva.org/loans/1526
- Angel.co: https://angel.co/fashion/investors
- Windowswear: http://www.windowswear.com
- Third Wave Fashion: http://thirdwavefashion.com
- Tech Crunch: http://techcrunch.com/tag/fashion/
- The Business of Fashion: http://www.businessoffashion.com/
- StartupFashion: http://startupfashion.com/funding-your-fashion-business